When I began this blog, it was mostly just to journal my cancer experience since I have a positive outlook but a terrible memory and figured 5 years from now I wasn’t going to remember the details of the beginning. I made it public so that my friends and family could follow along thus saving me having to repeat the same story numerous times over.
But I joined a TNBC cancer support group on FaceBook and suddenly I have numerous followers who don’t already know me. So I figured I should properly introduce myself. Knowing more about who I am and my background will help explain my choices and my unique perspective on all of this.
First of all, my cancer stats:
- 3/23/16: Found the lump
- 4/4/16: TNBC cancer diagnosis
- 4/19/16: bi lateral mastectomy
- Pathology: TNBC, stage 1, grade 3. 1.8cm. NO node involvement, clear margins after surgery. Primary cancer. Now considered NED.
- 7/21/16: Tumor returned – still stage 1
- 8/4/16: Chemo began
My personal stats:
- 47 years old
- Ht: 5’5″ Wt: noneya! lol – but better than it ever was. 🙂
- Divorced, 2 adult children, 2 cats. Lives in Atlanta, GA
I am a firm believer in the body’s own healing abilities and in the power of prayer.
I can’t say for sure how my story will end but of course I hope it the pages in between will count for something. Thank you for following along and please pray we all have a happy ending.